Jodan College of Technology has been in existence for over 11 years and was established with the purpose of inspiring and assisting students in harnessing their potential, building their intellect and character, attaining skills, knowledge and attitudes that were in line with society’s needs and challenges.
Against the other Technical, Business and Hospitality training institutions in Kenya, Jodan College of Technology is perceived as one of the top ranking and top performing in the region. They utilize a unique approach in their tertiary education and teaching, coupled with their state-of-the-art facilities. They are constantly improving and advancing their facilities, academic offering and teaching methodology to ensure their students are getting the best. Having over 17,000 students who’ve graduated from their higher learning institution and progressed into successful career journeys across the region and world, Jodan College of Technology is definitely chartering its academic course. They offer over 60 courses that span across Craft, Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels.
At the college, students can choose from courses within their School of Business and Logistics, School of Journalism & Mass Communication, School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, School of Engineering, School of Education (Teachers Training), School of Fashion Design, School of Business and Logistics, School of Health & Applied Sciences, School of Social Sciences, School of Information Technology, School of Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy, and their Jodan Driving School. The college also offers short courses/ professional courses. As a higher learning facility, Jodan College of Technology offers students;
- A conducive learning environment that is serene and perfect for studying and developing academically and personally
- Their training facilities are modern and state-of-the-art so students are able to work with some of the best equipment and resources which ensures their successful academic development
- The college offers students a flexible learning schedule, providing full-time, evening, distance and school based learning options
- The college assists students in securing industry attachments. They have a supportive faculty and team that is dedicated to see that their students transition into the job sector easily and successfully
- Students are reassured of securing a job as the college holds a high record of uptake of their graduates into the job market
- At the college, once a student completes their certificate or diploma they can proceed into the next advanced programme level with ease; be it advanced diploma or a degree programmes
- Students are exposed to holistic learning excursions through various academic tours and trips that better develop the student
- At the college, students can indulge in their dynamic co-curriculum that ensures all-rounded student development
- Students have a wide variety of indoor and outdoor sports and games to choose from, such as football, volleyball, table tennis, pool table, darts etc
- The college provides transportation for students to make commuting to the campus easier and more convenient
- Students can also pursue languages at the college for free, as they offer French and German classes at no cost
Situated in the peaceful environs of Thika town, Jodan College of Technology’s vision is “to be a center of academic excellence for community service and development.” Be it part-time learning, on-campus learning or distance learning; Jodan College is driven to ensure all students get the best out of their academic offering, highly trained faculty and innovative teaching approach.