Issues involving development, poverty, inequality, and environmental sustainability are some of the most important in the world today and the skills and abilities learned during this programme are highly sought after by a broad range of employers including international aid organisations, consulting firms, and local government departments. Not only is this a challenging, exciting, and meaningful job, but it will also allow you to go on to make a positive difference in the community you live, and the rest of the world. If this sounds like the right choice for you, this programme will help you gain detailed skills and a strong understanding of key principles in this field, enhancing your employability and helping you take the first step to building a successful and rewarding career.
Upon completion, students will receive a Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Demonstrate mastery of sound concepts and principles in research and development theories with reference to factors in sustainable development.
- Apply a coherent vision for Christian approach and lifestyle to community development and poverty reduction in view of career readiness.
- Design, implement, and manage development services that reflect sensitivity to the holistic nature of human needs, whether spiritual, physical, social, or psychological needs in diverse contexts.
- Exhibit ethical and strategic leadership and social responsibility in the workplace.
- Effectively organise and tap into available resources, both human and material, to solve organisational problems and address contemporary issues of concern with efficiency.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Business Development Manager
- Public Affairs Consultant
- NGO Director
- Institutional Researcher
- Foreign Correspondant
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
On Campus, 4 years, January 2020
On Campus, 3 quarters, January 2020
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
On Campus, 3 years, January 2020