Next course starts Flexible start at UNICAF
This programme provides the necessary knowledge, skills and values for a successful career in the world of Accounting and Finance. It has been approved by the ACCA for 9 exemptions from the ACCA qualification for the professional title of Chartered Certified Accountant.
Students not interested in pursuing the ACCA qualification can be employed, after graduation in any finance or accounting related position, within the financial services sector, in financial institutions, in government departments, or other business organisations.
The programme blends the specialised fields of banking, investment, corporate finance, financial accounting, financial management, management accounting, and auditing with the wider fields of business management and economics.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate essential skills such as detailed knowledge of financial accounting and reporting.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a range of audiences, for a variety of purposes, using appropriate communication tools.
- Draw upon relevant principles, perspectives, and theories to inform professional values, practices, and ethics.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the relevant principles required to practice in a dynamic and competitive business environment.
- Recognise and apply future-focused, socially and environmentally responsible business principles to generate sustainable economic value.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
What jobs will I qualify for?
This course will successfully prepare students for careers such as:
- Internal Audit and Risk Manager
- Finance and Administration Officer
The admission criteria for this degree are as follows:
- High School Certificate or the equivalent
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma may be considered for entry
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant area may be considered for a credit transfer
- Applicants who don't meet the minimum academic requirements BUT who have at least 2 years relevant post-secondary professional experience may be considered for entry
- English proficiency
In addition to a strong academic record, the student’s extra curricular involvement, leadership skills and other relevant background information are taken into account.
How do I apply?
To apply for this programme, students must:
- Fill out an application form and indicate their preferred course of study
- Provide a copy of their National ID/Passport
- The school offers instalment plans
- School fees can be paid online
- You can apply for the UNICAF Scholarship Programme
Detailed course information
This Bachelor of Science Programme is delivered online and through Supported Open Learning. The course outline is as follows:
- Financial Accounting I
- Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Management and Cost Accounting
- Audit and Assurance
- Corporate and Business Law
- Financial Reporting
- Final Year Project
- International Accounting
- Advanced Accounting Theory
- Advanced Audit and Assurance
- Business Taxation
- Corporate Governance
- Performance Management
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Special Topics in Accounting
- Business Ethics
- Communication for Business
- Research and Writing
- Organisational Behaviour
- Research Methods in Business
- Strategy and Business Policy
- Computer System
- Computer Fundamentals
- Digital Business
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Managerial Finance
- Financial Management
- International Financial Management
- Financial Analysis
- Introduction to Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Statistics I
- General Psychology I
- Principles of Sociology
Applicants that do not meet the minimum entry requirements may be considered for the ‘FOUNDATION PROGRAMME’.