BSc. Environmental Science - Kisii University | Educartis

Kisii
4 years
Bachelor
On Campus

Benefits

Course Overview

Kenya is basically an agricultural country. In the absence of a strong industrial sector, agricultural production activities constitute the main support base of the country’s increasing population. The population relies mainly on agricultural output, and water resource that comes from 20% of the country’s high rainfall zone. The remaining 80% is arid and semi-arid land (ASAL) of marginal agricultural productivity.In spite of the fragility of Kenya’s marginal lands, they serve as important biodiversity reservoirs, wildlife habitats, anthropogenic sites and landscape of great attraction.
Currently there are calls to develop industries, and remove the country from over dependency on agriculture. As the country gears for industrialization by the year 2020 it is necessary to proceed with caution so that the benefits of industrial development do not become a curse to the nation.The need to foster food production from the country’s arable lands and the inevitability of the use of agricultural inputs, such as fertilizers, pesticides and other agrochemicals is posing new problems to the environment. If these problems are not given due attention, they are bound to adversely affect the quality of the environment and lower the people’s standards of living.An increasing population, growing industrial sector and agricultural production are major threats to the environment. These require sound management.

Show More

How This Course Will Benefit Your Career

The BSc (Environmetal Science) Progrrame is designed to provide a broad-based education for undergraduate students who wish to study environmental issues related to resource use, protection and enhancement of environmental quality. Upon completion of the course, the graduates will be qualified to:Provide advisory capacity services on matters of environmental law and policy;Carry out environmental impact assessment;Participate and provide leadership in the formulation of appropriate early warning systems of environmental change;Analyse and explain the interactive relationships between man and the physical, biological and social environments and relate the emanating issues to the enhancement of environmental quality;Pursue graduate studies in environmental science and;Carry out teaching and provide environmental extension services.
Show More
TOP COURSES OF THIS INSTITUTION

MSC. NUTRITION (HUMAN NUTRITION)

On Campus, , Flexible

DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES

On Campus, 3 years, October 2019

BACHELOR PURCHASING AND SUPPLIES MANAGEMENT

On Campus, 4 years, October 2019

SIMILAR INSTITUTIONS

When do I start?

Next available course

School type cp

Interested in this institutions?

ASK FOR INFORMATION
STUDENTS ALSO VISITED

Montessori Teacher Training Diploma

Montessori Plus Center Teacher Training College

International Diploma in Montessori Teacher Training (OFQUAL UK)

Oak House Training College

Admission Criteria

Candidates must in addition satisfy the minimum requirements for the university offer at least grade B- in Biology or Biological Sciences, B- in Geography, B- in Chemistry or B in Physical Sciences, and C+ in Mathematics at K.C.S.E. or equivalent examination.An added advantage will be given to candidates who have passed with at least grade C in Agriculture or Economics at K.C.S.E. or equivalent examination.Admission may be granted to outstanding Diplomates in Range Management, Animal Husbandry and Animal Health, Forestry, Wildlife, Environmental Science from institutions such as Kenya Polytechnic, Kenya Science Teachers College etc. Candidates from other related fields from recognized institutions, and who have passed with distinction or credit or other equivalent may also be admitted.

Course Provider