BSc Computer Science is an undergraduate course offered by Unicaf University. The course provides a comprehensive study of computer technology, and global technology revolution. Undergraduates will learn about computer architecture, and how its different components are intertwined. The course explains various scopes of application of computer in modern scientific and technological contexts. It educates students on the designing and building hardware and software systems for a wide range of purposes. The curriculum also includes classes on programming, artificial intelligence, algorithms, and advanced data analysis.
Graduates of Computer Science at Unicaf have the skills to design and optimise computer applications software. Their expertise cuts across software development, programming and system optimisation. They can also analyse data processing problems to improve computer systems, while enhancing system compatibility so information can be shared easily. The programme offers a number of career paths to choose from, including system administration and web development. The course is designed to prepare you for functional roles in the diverse field.
At the end of the four-year degree programme, you will become an expert with computer operations and analysis, capable of using computer for operational efficiency across industries..
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
With the Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, you would be able to do the following:
- Apply fundamental principles of computing to different applications;
- Work effectively, individually and among teams, to design and implement solutions to computational and systemic problems;
- Formulate solutions to computing problems and analyse their efficiency;
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theories in the modeling and design of computer-based systems.
At the completion of the programme, you will receive a Bachelor in Science degree in Computer Science.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Software Application Developer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Network Systems Administrator
STUDENTS ALSO VISITED
- Two A’level passes in science subject including Mathematics.
- NCE with at least merit in Mathematics and one other science or social science subject
- Diploma in Data processing with at least a merit pass from a recognized university
- HND in Data processing, Engineering and Mathematics with an overall B grade may be considered
- Five O’level passes including English language, Mathematics, physics and any two from Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural science and Economics.
- UTME subjects must include Mathematics, Physics and one of Biology Chemistry Economics and Geography.
How do I apply?
Visit the University’s admission portal to begin the online-only application process.
- Online (with options for installment and scholarship)
Detailed course information
- Computer Systems and Design: The course explores the interfaces, modules and other intricacies of computer-based product development.
- Programming: It outlines the kinds of programming languages used in the development of computer systems, including logic-based. object-oriented, web, concurrent and procedural programming languages.
- Design and Analysis of Systems: It discusses quality control and optimisation processes often applied to computer systems.
- Data Structures: It covers the data organization and storage format that enables efficient access and modification to information on computer systems,
- Visual Programming: This involves a programming language that uses graphical elements and figures to develop a program rather than the use of text.
- Computer Architecture: It details how a set of software and hardware technology standards interact to form a computer system.
- Computation Theory: The theory is the branch of computer science that defines how efficiently problems can be solved on a model of computation, using an algorithm.
- Operating Systems: The base software that supports a computer's basic functions, such as scheduling tasks and controlling peripherals.
- Artificial Intelligence: This explores the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks normally requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages.
- Algorithms: Algorithms are step-by-step procedures for conducting specified actions by a computer.
- Nairobi15 months
- Nairobi18 months
- Nairobi2 years
- Nairobi2 years
- Limuru2 years
- Nairobi12 months