Social work is one of the fastest growing professions in Kenya, providing challenging, meaningful, and remunerative career opportunities that allow you to help people overcome struggles including addiction, abuse, or mental illness. If you're looking to make a real difference in your community, then a career in social work may be the right path for you. This 36 week, comprehensive diploma will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to take this step with confidence.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Put into practice key aspects of this field including project proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, conflict resolution, and gender equity practices.
- Apply critical thinking skills within the context of professional social work practice.
- Understand the value base of the profession and its ethical standards and principles, and practice accordingly.
- Understand and interpret the history of the social work profession and its contemporary structures and issues.
- Practice without discrimination and with respect regardless of a client's age, class, color, culture, disability, family structure, gender, marital status, national origin, religion and sexual orientation.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Social Worker
- Project Management Officer
- Community Health Practioner
- Community Development Trainer
CERTIFICATE IN MONTESSORI
Distance Learning, 18 months, Flexible
DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION
Distance Learning, 3 years, Flexible
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
On Campus, 36 weeks, Flexible