Natural disasters, civil conflicts, and terrorist attacks have become more prevalent in today's world and as such, global demand is surging for emergency professionals with the leadership skills to manage complex crisis situations, and coordinate the many agencies that address emergency situations in order to mitigate the consequences of disasters and provide relief to victims in communities of all sizes. If you're looking for a fast-paced, thrilling, and rewarding job, then this crash-course will equip you with the required skills and knowledge to jump start your career in Disaster Management.
At the end of this course, students will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Demonstrate effective strategies and systems for Disaster Risk Reduction, Preparedness, Response and Recovery.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and attitudes in disaster management within the context of humanitarian assistance and sustainable development, while respecting human dignity.
- Effectively apply skills and expertise in provision of First Aid during emergencies.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and expertise in managing water, sanitation and hygiene in emergency situations.
- Apply knowledge and skills in provision of psychosocial support to affected communities.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Disaster Management Specialist
- Disaster Recovery Specialist
- Project Manager
- Emergency Management Coordinator
HIGHER DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING
On Campus, 16 months, Flexible
COUNSELING FOR LOSS, GRIEF AND BEREAVEMENT
On Campus, 1 weeks, Flexible
TOT/TOF CERTIFICATE IN COUSELLOR TRAINING OF TRAINERS IN PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING
On Campus, 160 hours, Flexible