As an Education Guidance Counsellor, you will provide important mental health and educational support services to your patients, which is a very emotionally rewarding experience. This career pathway will also provide great flexibility, ample vacation time, and the opportunity for you to do some very meaningful work. If this sounds like the right choice for you, then this Master's course will enhance your skills so that you can gain all the personal attributes and skills required to thrive in this field.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Effectively assess a wide range of student problems and provide effective strategies for resolving them.
- Develop an understanding of their own values, goals, biases, privilege, strengths, and needs as a professional in this field.
- Understand how systemic conditions such as race, religion, gender, and poverty relate to academic success.
- Apply individual and group therapy in comprehensive programming.
- Collect and analyse data in an ongoing process to assess learning, motivational, and developmental needs of students
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Student Counsellor
- Admissions Counsellor
- Graduation Coach
- Post-Secondary Academic Counsellor
BACHELOR OF PHARMACY
On Campus, 5 years, Flexible
CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY
On Campus, 6 months, Flexible
DIPLOMA IN ANIMAL HEALTH
On Campus, 2 years, Flexible