The work of public health professionals is very important because such initiatives affect people every day in every part of the world. This field addresses broad issues that can affect the health and well-being of individuals, families, communities, populations, and societies - both now, and for generations to come. If you're looking for a career that can truly help you work for the greater good of humankind, then this course will help you develop into a responsive professional who can use their skills and knowledge to better the quality of life of people around the globe.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Provide professional leadership in the field, including planning and implementation of programmes for health promotion, and disease prevention and control.
- Advise policy makers and administrators on appropriate measures for health promotion, and disease prevention and control.
- Provide leadership for the conduct of health surveillance and inspection for identification of health risks / hazards for the prevention of related disasters and adverse effects.
- Plan, implement and evaluate training programmes for practitioners including health professionals and community members.
- Participate in and contribute to research and dissemination of ensuing information.
- Participate in and contribute to formulation, development and dissemination of policies.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Health Specialist
- Public Health Officer
- Public Health Programme Manager
- Health Advisor
BACHELOR OF PHARMACY
On Campus, 5 years, Flexible
CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY
On Campus, 6 months, Flexible
DIPLOMA IN ANIMAL HEALTH
On Campus, 2 years, Flexible