Next course starts Flexible start at UNICAF
The MA Education (Innovation in Learning and Teaching) is a flexible programme, designed to meet the professional needs of individual learners. Students will have the opportunity to engage critically with the theories and practices of education with a view to applying learning to practice. The MA Education is well established and is regularly updated in order to reflect the changing needs of current and future participants.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- To widen the options available and encourage in-depth development of personal and professional areas of interest.
- To enable learners to identify, design and carry out research activities which include opportunities for considerable self-direction.
- To contribute to the body of knowledge and understanding relevant to education.
What jobs will I qualify for?
This MA Education will enhance participants' skills in a number of careers, including:
- Principal or Administrator
- Special Education Teacher
- School or Career Counselor
- Educational Coordinator/Director at Museum, Aquarium, Zoo, etc.
- Corporate Trainer
- Educational Consultant
- Curriculum Developer/Instruction Specialist
The entry requirements for admission to postgraduate programmes include:
- An accredited UK Honors degree with minimum 2.2 classification (or equivalent). Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered. Students should normally have at least two years of appropriate postgraduate work experience on admission.
- Proficiency in English: Students satisfy the English proficiency requirements provided they present a GCSE score with a minimum grade of “C” or IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5). Students who do not acquire the above mentioned qualifications are required to sit the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where students need to score an overall 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5).
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. You may supply official electronic transcripts issued by post-secondary institutions directly to the University of South Wales online.
- Personal Statement or State of Purpose (approximately 500 words)
- Up to date CV
- Recently dated Letter of Recommendation (Academic or Professional)
Applications from nonstandard applicants are welcomed and will be considered individually.
How do I apply?
To apply for this programme, students must submit:
- An application form and indicate their preferred course of study
- A copy of their National ID/Passport
- An updated CV
- One official letter of recommendation (either Academic or Business)
- A Personal Statement (minimum 500 words)
- The school offers instalment plans
- You can apply for the UNICAF Scholarship Programme
Detailed course information
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- INNOVATION IN CURRICULUM DESIGN
- DEVELOPING DIGITAL COMPETENCE
- DEVELOPING LEARNING IN ORGANISATIONS
- SEN/ALN: CONTEXTS AND CONCEPTS
- Nairobi1 months
- Thika2 years
- Nairobi2 years