Next course starts Flexible start at UNICAF
The master’s programme in Education is offered at Unicaf University to prepare university graduates to become primary, secondary school and junior college teachers. Students will have the opportunity to engage critically with the theories and practices of education with a view to applying learning to practice. The course provides for comprehensive teacher preparation, with professional knowledge and understanding of learners, as well as of the teaching and learning processes. Students will develop both the theoretical theoretical grounding and critical capacities to make pedagogical judgements and decisions on their roles. The course covers a broad range of pedagogical and other relevant skills to be effective educators.
Master’s holders in Education have advanced teaching skills applicable in secondary and elementary level of education. They find roles as teachers in school, as well as educational administrators. The programme provides them with an advanced understanding of teaching procedures, which also positions them for roles in policy making, communication education and research. The course is properly structured by the University to to reflect the changing needs of the education environment.
By completing the course, you will have acquired the core skills of effective teaching, as applicable for efficient student learning and educational administration
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The master’s programme will prepare you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding understanding of multi-disciplinary work in an education context through both curriculum and the experience of studying alongside students drawn from a broad range of professions;
- Apply formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual, social, and physical development of the learner;
- Nurture healthy learning environments, divergent learning opportunities, and innovative instruction;
- Foster relationships with school colleagues, parents, and agencies in the larger community to support students’ learning and well being.
At the completion of the programme, you will receive a Master's degree in Education.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- School Teacher
- Educational Administrator
- Education Research Specialist
- Elementary Education Specialist
- Accredited Bachelor Degree
- Applicants with an accredited Master's Degree will also be considered for entry
- HND Relevant holders with good relevant work experience (post graduation) may be considered for entry
- English Proficiency
How do I apply?
Visit the University’s admission portal to begin the online-only application process.
- Online (with options for installment and scholarship)
Detailed course information
- Educational Psychology: This course provides the foundation for understanding the 21st century learners, learner development, and the psychology of learning and motivation.
- Pedagogical Practices: The course allow students to link theory to practice, applying what they have already learnt in both courses on different classroom management theories, skills and strategies.
- Teacher-Student Relationship: This course is designed for pre-service teachers to provide a foundation for the understanding of teacher student relationship.
- Teaching and Managing Learners at the Primary Level: The course emphasizes the need for effective classroom management to support meaningful learning in the classroom.
- The Social Context of Teaching and Learning: This course aims to promote deeper understanding about the socio-political development of Nigeria’s education system.
- Character and Citizenship Education: This course helps pre-service teachers to understand the key concepts and issues in Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) and get a good grasp of their roles in CCE in school.
- Assessing Learning and Performance: This course provides participants with the ability to understand and apply the basic principles of educational assessment.
- Effective Parent Engagement for Teachers: This course will help student teachers to appreciate and understand the importance of creating partnerships with parents in order to enhance child outcomes in the long run.
- Concepts and Practices in Art Education: The course will examine how art practices have evolved over time. Issues that arise from these changes and developments will be discussed and student teachers have to reflect upon their own practices and relate them to the past, present and future of art education