What are the admission criteria?
- Candidates need a university degree (in any discipline) that entitles access to postgraduate studies in their country of origin. Candidates studying in their final year may also submit an application to the Master’s - in which case, the offer of a place will be conditional upon the successful completion of their current studies.
- Candidates are required to have a fluent written and speaking knowledge of at least two of the following three languages: Spanish, English or French.
At the beginning of the Master’s, in October, students must a native or very fluent level in one of the three languages (C2 or C1 level according to the European frame of reference), and at least an intermediate level (B2) of one of the other three languages. In the third language, students should have a preliminary level (A2); although, in this case, they will be obliged to pursue a course to strengthen their fluency in this third language in September and follow an itinerary for the Master’s that does not require them to study in this language until at least the following January.
Candidates with a high level in two of the three languages of the Master’s, but without knowledge of the third, may be admitted on to the programme, conditional on acquiring an A2 level before the middle of the September prior to the commencement of the programme.
- Candidates are not required to have prior professional experience, although if they have, it will be considered an asset. How do I apply?
The application form must be completed and submitted along with the supporting documentation. Please submit only one application form.
You may choose two options, in order of preference. The second choice is optional; you should include it only if you are interested in applying.
Deadline for submission:
Visit our website to see the deadline for submission:
• The application form (available at www.dbs.deusto.es/postgraduate)
• A valid Passport (only for foreign students) or ID card for EU citizens.
If your date and place of birth do not appear on your identity card, you must provide proof of these personal details as this information will be shown on your degree certificate.
• BA, BSc, Licenciatura, Engineering, Diploma, Technical Engineering degree certificate or equivalent (or proof of having requested it). A certified photocopy.
• Academic transcript of BA, BSc, Licenciatura, Engineering, Diploma,
Technical Engineering degree certificate or equivalent. A certified photocopy.
• Certificate issued by the university or competent body, accrediting that the degree certificate obtained is valid for access to Master studies in the country where it was issued. Only applicable for degree certificates issued by foreign universities. Original.
• Motivation letter: two pages (maximum 800 words) outlining your motivation, potential to study successfully at postgraduate level and future professional interests.
• Curriculum Vitae, with a photocopy of the relevant supporting documents.
• Certification of competence in foreign language required in the programme, if applicable. A certified photocopy.
Requirements for documents issued abroad:
Documents issued abroad must:
• Be official and issued by the competent authorities, in accordance with the legal system in the country concerned.
• The degree granting access to the programme must be legalised or authenticated by the relevant diplomatic authorities, or, where necessary, certified by the Hague Convention Apostille. This is not required for documents issued by the authorities of the Member States of the European Union, or signatories of specific exemption agreements.
• They must be accompanied, if appropriate, by the corresponding certified translation into Spanish, English, French or Italian.
1. Personal interview
If the Admissions Committee considers it appropriate, it may summon the candidate for a personal interview with the programme directorate.
This interview may be conducted in person, by telephone or via a video conference call.
2. Notification of admission
The final decision on admissions rests with the directorate of the programme and is based on a balance of the application, curriculum, personal essay, personal interview, etc. All applicants will be notified by post of the admission decision concerning their first option. In the event that first choice is «Declined», the second option will be processed if it is included on the application.
See www.consultadeadmisionesposgrado.deusto.es to check your admission status.
As places are limited on master’s programmes, the University of Deusto offers the «Pre-enrolment» system. This system ensures your place in the degree programme you have been admitted to by making a deposit on account which will later be debited from the official fees.
Each student should finalise their registration within the deadline mentioned in the Letter of Admission.
Tel. +34 944 139 436 ext. 3230