empowering middle-range leadership in countries affected by conflict to conscientize the
civil society towards the necessary structural change, to improve long-term relationships
amongst grassroots communities and to promote and develop indigenous peace building
actors in Africa.
The objective of the program are to build local capacities to guide peace building initiatives at the grassroots level among war-torn communities in Africa
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Build local capacities to guide peace building initiatives at the grassroots level among war-torn communities in Africa
- Develop middle-level professionals with skills in conflict analysis, trauma healing and restorative justice.
- Situate the concept of security vis-à-vis non-military threats to human potential and human life.
- Develop a culture of peace and non-violence in Africa
- Create an environment for deepening the students knowledge and commitment to peace and justice, reconciliation and human rights issues.
- Analyze the complex process of arms control including the legal redress of arms proliferation, and disarmament modalities and the connection of arms proliferation and underdevelopment in African societies.
- Prepare students for further training in peace and conflict studies
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Program Directors
REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
On Campus, 4 days, Flexible
On Campus, 5 days, March 2020
PEACE AND CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION (IN COLLABORATION WITH DAYSTAR UNIVERSITY)
Distance Learning, 2 years, May 2020