BUSINESS AND STUDENT SERVICE CENTER
CAREER DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
COMPUTING AND INTERNET SERVICES
ONLINE STUDENT PORTAL
WI-FI INTERNET ACCESSS
ABOUT PC KINYANJUI TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE (PCKTTI)
P.C. Kinyanjui Technical Training Institute was founded in 1979 as a Technical Secondary School with a population of 160 students. The vision to establish the Technical School was borne by His Excellency, the late Mzee Jomo Kenyatta, the First President of the Republic of Kenya. The local elders donated pieces of land that were consolidated in 1958 as trust land and reserved for future development of Kinyanjui Memorial High School in honour of the late Paramount Chief Kinyanjui wa Gathirimu who reigned between 1893 − 1929.
In its beginnings the organization offered training artisan and craft certificate courses to the growing numbers of standard eight and form four leavers of the 8.4.4. system of education. The institute today offers a wide range of diploma and certificate courses. Courses are categorized in the following ways:
- Applied Sciences which includes Applied Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Food Technology, and Science Laboratory Technology. Applied Sciences Department is one of the oldest departments in the institute. it has a modern laboratory which is well equipped to provide relevant and competitive training.
- Building & Civil Engineering which includes Civil Engineering and Building Technology.
- Business Studies which includes Business Management, Sales Marketing, Human Resource Management, Human Co-Operative Management, Supply Chain Management, Community Development, and Child Care and Protection. The school offers courses beginning from Certificate to Diploma levels. Entrepreneurship Education, Information Communication Technology and Communication Skills
- Computer Studies this includes ICT and International Computer Driving License. The department has excellent infrastructure with four fully equipped computer laboratories. Internet services are readily available to students at the resource Centre and WiFi at selected points in the institute.
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering which includes Power & Telecomms Options and Electrical Installation. The department targets to train all levels of youth starting with the lowest cadre of KCPE graduates who join Artisan in Electrical Installation and if successful move on to Craft and then proceeds to Diploma
- Entrepreneurship. The department natures upcoming entrepreneurs by providing skills and knowledge on how to be a successful entrepreneur.
- Hospitality which includes Food & Beverage Production & Service, Housekeeping & Accommodation, and Catering & Accommodation. The Hospitality Department is a new department that offers world class training in Food and Beverage Production Services and Sales, catering and Accommodation, Cake Baking and Decoration.
- Mechanical & Automotive which includes Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering and Motor Vehicle Mechanics. P C Kinyanjui offers diploma, craft, artisan, trade test and city and guilds certificates courses in the fields of automotive and mechanical production. The diplomas and drafts certificates are modular, taking one year per module. The diploma has 3 modules whereas craft has 2 modules.
Through embracing of Performance Contracting and ISO 9001:2008 certification, the institute has registered tremendous improvement in students' performance and service delivery. The school's mission is 'To be the centre of excellence in Technical, Industrial, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training' while the vision is 'To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, skilled and equipped with positive attitudes that enable them to cope with challenges of the fast growing world.'
PC KINYANJUI TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE (PCKTTI) LOCATION
Off Kabiria Road, in Riruta Satellite
Box Nairobi Nairobi