Pioneer International University was established in September 2006 as a college, driven by the need to develop well-researched and market-oriented course programmes that shape the future of both the Kenyan and global economy. PIU received University accreditation by the Kenyan government in 2012. PIU's student-centered faculty and staff inspire academically qualified students from diverse backgrounds and all ages to benefit from rigorous higher education and professional development opportunities in the dynamic global environment. Deeply rooted in practical scholarship and principles of social justice expressed as ethical awareness, leadership development, economic progress, and civic engagement, PIU encourages community partnerships and is dedicated to educating socially responsible citizens for active and dedicated lives as high caliber and competent leaders in their respective professions and communities.
PIU directs its diverse resources in advancement of knowledge through cutting-edge research and innovation, melding its rich experiences into a holistic educative process that expands horizons, produces leaders, nurtures creativity, and meets the needs and ambitions of a culturally and internationally diverse range of stakeholders. The institution provides a vibrant learning community, linking the academic and service resources through the effective use of personnel, facilities, and state-of-the-art technology. Over the years, PIU has earned international recognition for its distinctive global focus and its dynamic, highly innovative curricula in the business, electronic/engineering and medical fields.
- Highly qualified and dedicated lecturers.
- Affordable fees, payable in installments.
- Educational loans available from Higher Education Loans Board and in partnership with Equity Bank.
- A well-equipped library, inclusive of digital/online resources.
- State of the art computer labs and ICT facilities.
- 24-hour fast Internet access, ideal for research work.
- Hands-on research experience - student research emphasized from the very first year of the graduate program
- Credit transfers/ exemptions given to diploma holders in relevant fields.
- Flexible scheduling of courses - day, evening and weekend settings ensures opportunities for other activities are not lost.
- Mentoring Matters - faculty are deeply committed to mentoring students.
- Team building - all our students undertaking project work go for team building in designated areas. This provides an ‘outward bound’ experience in which students join together to face challenges as teams.
- Separate hostels for gentlemen and ladies.
- Transport to and from students’ destinations available.
- Walking distance from the Central Business District.
PIU continues attracting, developing, and retaining highly qualified creative and responsible lecturers and professionals from diverse backgrounds who will be charged with making a significant difference in the lives of their students and the community in which they live.