Counseling For Loss, Grief And Bereavement Course
by Kenya Institute of Professional Counselling - KIPC
Grief counselling professionals specialise in working with clients who are coping with profound loss in their lives - whether it's the death of a loved one, a terminal illness, or any other significant personal bereavements. While this can be an emotionally challenging field, it will also give you the opportunity to help individuals heal, adjust to their changed situations, and live happier and healthier lives. If you're looking for a career that will give you the tools and techniques to positively impact someone's mental state and life, then this course will ensure you have the basic knowledge and experience to begin building a thriving and successful career in this sector.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Fully understand the mourning process and study the different theories and approaches when it comes to this field of psychology.
- Gain an enhanced awareness of the death, dying, and grieving process.
- Explore emerging counselling trends such as art therapy, journaling, and online communities.
- Participate in community support groups as well as within individual sessions.
- Practice active listening and provide individualized attention.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- HIV Counsellor
- Family Therapist
- Support Group Facilitator
- Outreach Counsellor
HIGHER DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING
On Campus, 16 months, Flexible
COUNSELING FOR LOSS, GRIEF AND BEREAVEMENT
On Campus, 1 weeks, Flexible
TOT/TOF CERTIFICATE IN COUSELLOR TRAINING OF TRAINERS IN PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING
On Campus, 160 hours, Flexible