The School of Engineering, which was started under the Royal Technical College, has provided quality engineering education since 1956. Students were admitted from the whole of East African region until the demise of the East African Community. The School of Engineering has five Departments:- Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Department of Civil and Construction Engineering, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Department of Environmental and Biosystems Engineering and Department of Geospatial and Space Technology.
The School of Engineering earlier known as Faculty of Engineering up to 2005 having been in existence since 1956 started training Engineering graduates for the award of Bachelor of Science degree of University of London and later transformed into Faculty of Engineering of the University College of Nairobi of the University of East Africa.
It was the only Faculty of Engineering in East Africa until the University of Dar es salam and Makerere developed their own Faculties of Engineering in the 1970s. The School assisted the two new Faculties in developing their programs. The School took an active role during the formation of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) with several members of the academic staff holding leadership roles in the IEK to date
The School of Engineering has in the last forty (40) year produced over six thousand (6,000) engineering graduates and many are involved in the infrastructure and socio-economic development nationally and internationally.
The School has assisted on setting and development of academic standard for engineering programmes in conjunction with the Engineers Registration Board while staff in the Department of Geospatial and Space Technology are actively involved in the affairs of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya and Land Surveyors Board.
- Nairobi4 weeks
- Eldoret3 years
- Nairobi2 years
- Nairobi4 years