Counselling is one of the most sought after careers today because it provides employment opportunities that are flexible, meaningful, and remunerative. If you're looking to improve peoples' lives or want to create positive change in the world, then entering the field of psychology could be the right move. This on-campus course will provide you with the theoretical knowledge and necessary practical skills to prepare you for effective counselling work in various settings within the communities you seek to serve.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Apply and evaluate sustainability principles in problem solving relating to human behaviour.
- Communicate ethically both inter-personally and in group contexts to a range of diverse audiences through a variety of formats including expression in research reports and proposals, online and through portfolio, interviewing, written, oral and listening skills.
- Demonstrate a capacity for independent learning to sustain personal and professional development.
- Integrate entry level counselling knowledge and skills into diverse contexts.
- Use creativity, innovation and the ability to generate ideas to work constructively in a supportive professional role.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Mental Health and Trauma Counsellor
- Addiction Counsellor
- Child and Family Therapist
- Couples' Therapist
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
On Campus, 4 years, January 2020
On Campus, 3 quarters, January 2020
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
On Campus, 3 years, January 2020