Do you have a tendency to be meticulous, detail-oriented, and committed to high standards? Do you have an aptitude for critical thinking, as well as maths and science? Then a career in medical laboratory technology could be right for you! This field will immerse you in an exciting diagnostic environment, allowing you to work independently, as well as in part of a team, to create a meaningful difference in healthcare and the lives of others. It also provides great flexibility, challenges, and a higher-than-average pay. If this sounds like a good option to you, then this course will provide you with the practical experience you need to gain a competitive edge in the industry.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
- Assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases by performing tests on tissue, blood and other body fluids.
- Provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls and verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance.
- Identify and communicate abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, including the patient's physician and/or nurse.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Insurance Underwriter
MSC. IN EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE
Distance Learning, , Flexible
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SCIENCE)
On Campus, , October 2019
DIPLOMA IN HEALTH PROMOTION AND EDUCATION
On Campus, 2 years, Flexible